Application: December 20, 2017 to February 18, 2018.
Residency period: April-December 2018.
No Lugar – Arte Contemporáneo – via its Residency Program, opens call for the 2018 artistic residencies, under the artistic production, research and curatorial formats.
The Residency Program brings together visual artists, curators and researchers from all over the world to live and work for a period of at least 3 weeks in No Lugar, located in the Historical Center of Quito, Ecuador.
At the residency, artists, researchers and curators have the opportunity to develop an intensive process of production which, in the end of the resident’s stay, will be shown in public in a format of exhibition, open studio, workshop or presentation.
Artist residency: This residence is directed to artists, performers, designers, illustrators, digital artists, filmmakers and people involved in the creation and investigation of contemporary art. The residence is intended to produce an artistic project to investigate and experiment with the city and the dynamics involving art production systems in a format of artistic residence.
Researchers and curators residency: Intended for curators, critics, theorists, historians and researchers who come to work on an own curatorial or research project that will include Ecuadorian artists, or are related with the local scene.
- Artists, performers, sound artists, musicians, curators, and researchers that focus their practice on Contemporary Art can apply.
- Send a PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Personal information: name, ID / Passport number, email, city, country, date of birth,
- CV and an updated biography written in prose with relevant work career, (Bio 10 lines).
- 5 images of previous relevant artworks.
- Link to web portfolio/site in case you have.
- Description of the residence project, (max 500 words).
- Dates in which is intended to be in the residency.
- Residency lenght (3 week, 1 month or 2 months).
NOTE: Images must not exceed 900kb size. We recommend digital images to be 1200×800 px and should not be manipulated.
- Shared rooms between 2 people per room with a complete shared bathroom.
- Participants must complete a reflective journal, they can be done in video, text or photo to be uploaded to the website of No Lugar.
- Residents will have a schedule of activities where specific tours, presentation of portfolios, studio visits, conferences, etc. are included
- Letters of invitation will be sent to those selected.
- Participation certificates will be awarded.
Participants: The residence has a maximum of 4 people per month and is available during the months of: April to December 2018.
Investment: USD$ 400 per person (3 weeks), USD$ 450 (1 month) and USD$800 (2 months).
Includes: Accommodation, shared dorms between 2 people, WiFi, dining room, bathroom, kitchen, workshop and studio for research, exhibition studio, monitoring, promotion and diffusion of the processes of residence, curatorial guidance.
Not included: transportation costs to and from the place of residence, travel, breakfast, lunch, dinner, materials.
Invitation letters will be sent to those selected.
- Application: December 20, 2017 to February 18, 20178.
- Residency period: April-December 2018.
- Notifications to those selected: February 21, 2018.
- Paymentes: Until March 30, 2018.
Transfers and payment options:
- Internactional bank transfer
- Money send by Money Gram orWestern Union.
Information about previous residencies: http://n989.org/
Curatorial program: No Lugar.
All activities within the residence are represented and managed by No Lugar – Arte Contemporáneo.
You can download the entire document form the open call by clicking the link below: